I stumbled across Brew Dog today and immediately fell in love with the way these guys do business. Not because they do business, but because it seems they specialise in fun and good times all the while making great beer.
Brew Dog started in 2007 and is now Scotlands largest independent brewery, with turn over set to reach around 6.5 million pounds in 2011. What strikes us about their business is that there are no suits and ties and regulations like we are used to seeing in business. This is definitely not business as usual.
Brew Dog have moved beyond Scotland are now have a craft beer bar in Camden, London. To ensure that they opened in style, they drove an Abbott 433 armoured tank into Camden and handed out samples of beer along the way.
Not something the commercial breweries will EVER do!
If that’s not cool enough for you, they made a special edition beer for the Royal Wedding. No, not some organic mix to satisfy the Royals, but rather a brew called ‘Royal Virility Performance’, that includes two key ingredients: Viagra and Horny Goat Weed. Classic!
Brew Dog also have something called ‘Equity For Punks’ which allows you to buy shares in Brew Dog. These are the benefits you’ll receive for investing in Brew Dog:
- Benefit financially from our future growth through dividends and also an increase in the value of your shareholding.
- Lifetime discounts in all our bars AND on our online shop at www.brewdog.com
- Exclusive first options on all our special and limited edition releases.
- Being able to attend our (soon to be legendary) AGM
- Being able to participate in brewing our annual ‘By Shareholders, For Shareholders’ Beer.
- Having your say in how the company is run and vote on key decisions online.
- Owning your very own part of BrewDog, our new eco-brewery and part of all of our BrewDog Bars
- Your own BrewDog ID Card (for claiming your discounts)
- A welcome pack with some killer, shareholder only BrewDog merchandise
- Literally become richer with every BrewDog beer you drink
Hey, that’s sounds alright!
To find out more about Brew Dog, click here for their website.